Sunday, December 25, 2011

Short & Sweet ('Cause It's Late)

I don't know what specifically God has in mind for my life, but I feel called to ministry in some way. As to what specifically that is, I have absolutely no idea...

Tonight as I was chatting on Skype with my friends, Shane and Alisha, we were discussing some deep stuff, and I happened to pop this question: "Do you ever feel called to do something but feel like the least qualified person to do it?"

Alisha gave a resounding, "Yes!" which made me feel better, since those have been my feelings for the past few weeks.

Shane, in response, said:

"I don't actually. I trust that God will do his work whether I'm good or not so I just kinda... do it. Whether I think I can or not is not important becuase if God wants it done, it will be done."

...Blew my mind. 'Cause he's right.

In short, we shouldn't be worried about whether we are qualified to do something or aren't. I honestly can't remember who said this, but it's one of my absolute favorite quotes:

"God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called."

This should cause me to breathe a sigh of relief, because I sure as heck don't feel qualified to do a lot of things that I feel called to.

To close my very short post (compared to my other ones), I remembered 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, in which Paul says,

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itJQ2Qo0LXU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    I just sent this sermon to someone else. Sometimes we can feel almost immobilized not knowing what God's will is for our lives. I found this soooo helpful.
    What is God's Will?
    1. That all men be saved. That you repent of your sin and put your faith and trust in Him.
    2. That you be filled with the Holy Spirit.
    3. That you will be sanctified.
    4. That you be submissive. You will hold true to the faith no matter what the price.
    5. Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. He will plant His desire in you and then fulfill it. If you are walking in His will (doing the things listed above) your desires will be His desires.

    ReplyDelete